Friday 14 February 2014

Tour update

Hi Folks - So a little while ago I received an exciting email asking if I'd be interested in supporting One Republic on their European tour. The opportunity to see Europe in the company of one of my favourite bands? 

I didn't have to think long about the decision! I've crossed paths with them and their crew on a few occasions over the years so it was a chance to catch up with old friends too. After a picturesque train journey from Vienna (through snow capped mountains and quaint little villages)and an
early night I woke up in Graz ready for the first gig.

The venue was right across the road from my hotel which meant there was no stress finding the place so I got off to a smooth start.

My set went really well. It was quite a young audience overall as I looked out across the crowd so it was nice to introduce them to my music both Starsailor and Solo. 

I decided to stay and watch a bit of One Republic safe in the knowledge that I would have many more opportunities to see the whole set and with half a mind on my 7.30am train to Linz! I don't want to give too much away in case anyone is coming to the gigs. 
 
Needless to say the staging is incredible,Ryan is in fine voice and the band are full of energy.

As I write this I am in Linz, Austria ready for the next show.Should be a good one! Finally thanks for the great response to 'We Could Try' and 'Better Part Of Me'. 

A number of people have messaged me upon hearing the tracks on the radio and I really appreciate the support and feedback.  

Can't wait for you to hear the rest of 'Turning Point' now!

Thanks

James W

No comments:

Post a Comment